Last week, Friends of Tuckerman Ravine held a fundaraiser at Allspeed Cyclery and Snow in Portland. We enjoyed a great turnout and were treated to a discussion with Ben Leoni about his latest Working for the Weekend film, East Coast Avalanche. If you haven’t had the time to check out this film, it’s well worth 7 minutes. The crew does an excellent job of making sure everyone on the scene is safe and then taking the time in the film to talk about what happened. Ben fielded lots of questions at Allspeed and discussed what they learned and the big takeaways from the event. Kudos to Ben and the Ski the East team for a quality production.
A big thanks to everyone that helped make that night possible:
- Friends of Tuckerman Ravine for puting the night together
- Allspeed Cyclery & Snow for giving us place to have a party
- Liberty for donating a pair of skis to raffle
- Ski the East for gift certificates for their amazing apparel
- Julbo who gave away their fantastic eyewear
- Black Diamond for lots of great gear including skins, a pack and ski poles
- OR for hats
- Mammut hats and shirts
- Black Point Surf Shop for a sweatshirt and rentals
- Salt Pump Climbing Gym for gym passes
- Tuckerman Brewing for beverages
We look forward to events like these in the future. Again, many thanks to all who made this event possible, but a big thank you also to those who came out for the night to talk about snow.